Members School (members only)
February 8, 2021 @ 5:00 am - 11:30 am
Every year on a Saturday in mid February the Michigan Fly Fishing Club offers an extensive fly fishing school for its members. All Michigan Fly Fishing Club members are invited to participate in this school. as a student, instructor, or as an assistant. The school provides an opportunity for our members to learn, teach, and network with club members. It’s a great opportunity to get out of the cold and snow and hone your fly fishing skills. Classes are designed for both beginner and advanced Fly Fishers and cover topics such as entomology, equipment, casting, fishing techniques and strategies, fly tying, and more.
Our instructors are some of the Midwest’s finest fly anglers. Many are FFF certified casting instructors, professional guides, avid Fly fishers. And, fortunately for us, they are all club members and volunteers.
Our school is an all day event from 9am to 3:30pm. We provide a continental breakfast, a buffet lunch, and refreshments throughout the day. All of this is FREE, as it is included in your $35 club dues.
- 8:45 am: Registration begins. Continental breakfast of coffee and pastries is provided.
- 9:00 am: Program begins
- 12:00 pm: Buffet lunch provided
- 3:30 pm: Program ends
- You MUST be a dues paying member club to attend this school
- It is FREE for dues-paying members of the Michigan Fly Fishing club. There is no cost to attend and enjoy the refreshments
- Attendance qualifies you to attend the Dick Schott New Member Outing
- You must pre-register at a club meeting or via email